This tour takes you through three iconic neighborhoods that are milestones in the construction of modern New York and includes food tastings, gallery visits, street art and more.
Hudson Valley Day Trip
Private Tour, Includes Transportation!
- Private Tour (Up to 4 People)
- Additional People
Spend a Day Along the Hudson River
Enjoy a full-day tour exploring natural landscapes, unique streets, and a one-of-a-kind art collection along the Hudson River. You can’t miss this special New York experience!
The Palisades Cliffs
Join us on a tour along the southern part of the Hudson River, which runs 504 kilometers to the sea and originates in the Adirondack Mountains. We stop at a lookout spot over the Hudson River and the predatory birds in the Palisades — steep cliffs that rise over the western side of the Hudson River.
We take a short walk in the natural forest along the cliff and absorb nature in its full sensuality. The road along the river passes through sites of historical importance, spectacular views of the Hudson Valley, and picturesque towns with a taste of the past. On our way, we stop at a strategic point over the Hudson River, featuring spectacular views and a historic site where several major battles took place during the War of Independence of the young American nation. Prepare to be impressed by the strength of the Hudson River and understand its strategic and economic importance.
Traveling north along the Hudson River, we arrive in the picturesque town of Beacon, about an hour and a half north of New York. The town, founded in the 17th century, has a variety of galleries, cafés, and boutique stores. Walking through its streets and sitting for coffee and a light meal in one of the cafés scattered around is a particularly pleasurable experience.
Dia Center is one of the most important centers of conceptual art of the 70s and contemporary art. Dia pioneered a phenomenon of converting commercial spaces and factories to art objects. The Dia Foundation purchased the building that was previously used by Nivisko for printing on cardboard boxes and established the permanent home for the foundation’s collection.
Each space in the museum was designed for a specific piece in the permanent display — a unique architectural phenomenon that brings the perception of space, light, and perspective of the viewer of artworks to a rare state of perfection. Among the artists at the museum are Dan Palawin, Richard Serra, Andy Warhol, and other leading artists from the 1960s to the present. The museum also has temporary exhibitions, and we have the opportunity to experience the combination of iconic art from the last decades of the 20th century and contemporary art presented at the museum.
- Payment is due at the time of registration.
- The fee does not include museum entrance fees.
- The proposed program is subject to changes in accordance with the weather and the art content available on the day and time of the tour.
- It is important to check the weather forecast, dress accordingly, and bring an umbrella if necessary.
- The price includes one collection point from Manhattan.
- It is customary to add about a 10% tip to the instructor.
- The cost does not include personal insurance, which is the responsibility of each participant.
- Cancellation policy: Up to 48 hours before the tour, a refund of $20 per participant can be paid for a group tour. Refunds are not possible less than 48 hours from the date of the tour.
- Glasshouse Urban Tours reserves the right to cancel a tour for reasons of force majeure for a full refund to participants.