This tour takes you through three iconic neighborhoods that are milestones in the construction of modern New York and includes food tastings, gallery visits, street art and more.
Discover the Street Art in Bushwick
Bushwick neighborhood in Brooklyn is a vibrant epicenter of alternative culture in New-York and more than any other neighborhood today is associated with the anti-establishment culture and bustling creativity that was once Manhattan’s domain. We will tour the streets densely populated with graffiti works by some of the best international artists which helped shape the neighborhood as an open-air museum and the world’s most vibrant street art scene.
The graffiti tour gives us a peak into a world of art, protest, culture wars and illegal guerrilla art done under the veil of night inviting us to try and solve its mystery.
Walking alongside old worker wood houses and small warehouses will take us back half a century, while the many new hip bars and cafes will remind us that the neighborhood, which was founded in the 17th century and until a decade ago still considered a dangerous crime zone, is rapidly changing. This is almost a last chance to witness a piece of culture before it vanishes and experience the vibrant coexistence of Latin and hipster cultures before gentrification changes the face of this neighborhood for good.
- Important Information
- A meeting point and directions are sent to you after registration.
- Group tours can accommodate a maximum of 16 people.
- Children up to the age of 6 are not charged. Children ages 6-12 are $25.
- When you book, we send you a discount code for 10% off additional tours.
- The proposed program is subject to changes in accordance with the weather and the art content available on the day and time of the tour.
- It is customary to add about a $5 tip for the guide for each traveler.
- It is important to check the weather forecast, dress accordingly, and bring an umbrella if necessary.
- The cost does not include personal insurance, which is the responsibility of each participant.
- Cancellation policy: Up to 48 hours before the tour, a refund of $20 per participant can be paid for a group tour. Refunds are not possible less than 48 hours from the date of the tour.
- Glasshouse Urban Tours reserves the right to cancel a tour for reasons of force majeure for a full refund to participants.