Our popular Harlem tour takes us through a neighborhood which for years was associated with New-York’s dangerous appeal. We will experience a gospel service, walk through the colorful streets and explore some of Harlem’s…
- Adult (13+)
- Child (6-12)
Discover the Neighborhood Artists Love
This once industrial neighborhood nestled along the East River overlooking Manhattan, once home to some of the nation’s largest oil, sugar refinery and brewing factories, underwent a tremendous transformation over the past decades and is now associated with New-York’s bling leisure culture. Shiny glass buildings, restaurants, cafes, bars and some of the best music venues the city has to offer alongside local boutiques, concept stores and artisanal everything made Williamsburg the hottest neighborhood in New-York City and an exciting fresh alternative to Manhattan’s familiar fame.
We will tell the story of this neighborhood that turned from an abandoned industrial zone into an artist colony, get to know some of the stories behind the unique buildings, enter artisanal concept stores, peep into a famous music venue with iconic design, discover hidden graffiti works in parking lots and inside sidewalk cracks. We will visit a local chocolate factory, an artisanal soap shop and visit the famous boutique hotel district, each prides itself with a rooftop bar and sprawling Manhattan views. We will end the tour by the waterfront at the famous Smorgasburg food market- the biggest in the nation which feeds some 30,000 visitors each Saturday and dubbed “the Woodstock of Eating” by the New York Times. After enjoying the food and the views you may take the ferry back to Manhattan or continue with a refreshing cocktail at some of the iconic rood-top bars which made the neighborhood one of the hottest weekend and nightlife destination.
*The food market is active between April and October. Winter tours end at the boutique hotel strip, overlooking Manhattan’s waterfront.
- A meeting point and directions are sent to you after registration.
- The proposed program is subject to changes in accordance with the weather and the art content available on the day and time of the tour.
- Group tours can accommodate a maximum of 16 people.
- Children up to the age of 6 are not charged. Children ages 6-12 are $25.
- It is customary to add about a $5 tip for the guide for each traveler.
- It is important to check the weather forecast, dress accordingly, and bring an umbrella if necessary.
- When you book, we send you a discount code for 10% off additional tours.
- The cost does not include personal insurance, which is the responsibility of each participant.
- Cancellation policy: Up to 48 hours before the tour, a refund of $20 per participant can be paid for a group tour. Refunds are not possible less than 48 hours from the date of the tour.
- Glasshouse Urban Tours reserves the right to cancel a tour for reasons of force majeure for a full refund to participants.